A person whose job is to build, test, check, and then implement systems of security in a company’s IT network is known as a Security architect. A security architect is supposed to have a lot of knowledge about security systems so that he can keep them updated and implement the latest authentication processes in the security systems.
Security architect duties and job responsibilities
A security architect not only predicts the possible security threats that could harm the security system but also figures out the solution to solve such problems. The role of a security architect includes tasks as:
- Going through the security systems often and keeping it up-to-date and making changes if needed.
- Checking the security systems by conducting tests to make sure the security system is working correctly.
- Setting up a schedule to update the policy.
- Making sure that all the critical data is only accessible to specific individuals.
- Having a backup plan to recover data and information in the time of need.
- Noticing every possible change in the security system.
A security architect plays an important role in the IT team. The job description of security must contain a culture of spreading awareness about safety. Also, giving information to employers about security systems.
Security architect job qualifications and requirements
Security architect job qualifications must include a degree in IT or computer science. Some companies require their employers to have some additional certificates as well.
Along with degrees and certificates, a security architect job instruction must-have quality mentioned below:
- Should have experience as being a part of the security management crew with a focus on excellent job performance, providing required security and trustworthy.
- Must have a good understanding of security systems, authentication, authorization etc
- Must have knowledge of possible security risks and threats and how to avoid them.
- Must be able to implement a security system according to the need of the company. Like if they want only one person at a time to access data, then the security system should be set up according to that.
- Must be able to explain employers about the security system and take every possible step to make sure the security system is working correctly.
- Must have communication skills so that he/she can interact with people easily.